Skip to main content

Ripping Off the Blanket

Every religion has this idea that their theology is the best. Many have this mentality that they have to convert others to their religion because their way of life is the only really, truly good way of life and all others are secondary, are less-than, are not as good. When I was a Christian, I loved others as best I could, but I did so by wanting to change them, to give them the things I thought were the best things in my life. I thought the best way I could love people was by making them like me, by making them believe and do what I thought was right, and I thought that was what God wanted because I had been told what I was telling others: this way and no other is the Word of the Lord.

I hate theology because it takes the inherent goodness of a person's heart and makes them hateful and abusive toward people they're trying to love or save. If I take a person, a unique individual expression of Yahweh who is doing and being themselves and I tell them that the way they are is inherently wrong and contrary to the word of the Lord, am I loving them? Of course not! I am telling them they don't deserve to exist, and yet my religion is telling me that I am saving them, that I am loving them by telling them the "truth" and helping them to live their best life. In fact, if I had read this paragraph a few years ago, I would have decried the new age belief that we can trust people to choose for themselves because people are evil and only God is good. I would have said that disagreeing with someone is not "not loving" them and that true love for them is showing them Jesus and the way to Heaven, helping them make good Christian choices and getting them plugged in to a group of believers who would help them stay on the straight and narrow... except now I know that Jesus is very capable of showing Himself to individuals and it is not my job to tell anyone what their relationship with Him should look like.

I am not sovereign in anyone's life but my own, so I cannot tell another what their best life is. In fact, when I attempt to force someone into my ideals, I am trying to get them to live the image of their best life that was taught to me by a religious system of theology and right and wrong. I am not even living my best life, but I not only think that I am, but I think that it's my right and responsibility to make others conform to a system also.

Romans 12:1-2 says to be transformed by the renewing of your mind and not to be conformed to this world. I am angry and saddened to learn that religion has taken and twisted this verse. In practice, these verses are lived out saying "be transformed by the boundaries of theology and religion and don't conform to anything except the religious system that I am part of." Sadly, many do not even see that "conforming to a theology" is "conforming to the world."

Nowhere does it say that it is anyone's job to force another to be a certain way. Nowhere does it say that it's okay to look down upon certain lifestyles or choices. Nowhere does it say that loving someone is tolerating their choices until such time as they learn better and constantly trying to teach them better. Nowhere does it say that there is one right way for everyone.

In fact, when Yahweh created each one, there was a Covenant and plan for their life that is unique and individual to them. I weep at the death of this unique expression in favor of submission to external laws and authority that usurps sovereignty. I weep at the death of this unique expression in favor of conformity. I weep at the death of this unique expression in favor of comfort and familiarity. If I had a whip and some tables to overthrow, I would fucking destroy all the ancient death cults that are established systemic religions of any kind and the subsequent hatred they breed.

I weep, not just as the death of unique expression, but at the death of relationships when those unique expressions cannot be loved and valued because a religion told you that there was only one right way to live. I weep that many will reject, shun, and refuse to support or walk with someone because they do not follow the religious rules of theology. There is never a law or blanket statement that will be righteous in every situation because all situations are unique. Some laws will be good for most. Some for many. Some for very few. But none will be good for all. And it is impossible to walk in paths of righteousness by trusting in a theology, system, law, set of rules and regulations, or any other blanket concept of good and evil.

The verse in Proverbs says "trust the LORD with all of your heart" not "trust the theological system that has been around for two thousand years" (even if Christianity as it is practiced today were even what Yahshua preached, which it is not). Only by being your unique self with a unique relationship with and knowledge of Your Greater Self or Yahweh can your paths be straight.

Thus I fucking #burnthebox. *sound of whips and tables crashing*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Creation Isn't Waiting For You to Rule and Reign

There's this idea that creation is waiting for the sons of God to take their places and make the world what it needs to be, this idea that some day out there Yahweh will come back and take us to Heaven and reign from His Throne. Once we remember sovereignty and that we are One with Yahweh, we realize that we are the ones sitting on this throne with Yahweh. We also need to remember that time and eternity are One. Time is the instrument of Our growth, and We actually use it to grow eternity. Once we realize these two things, we can see that We are sovereign in our own lives and ruling and reigning from this throne right now. The instrument of Our dominion is Our choices. This is what Paul talked about in 1 Corinthians 3 where he talks about how we each choose what materials to build our lives with. Some choose jewels, some choose clay. I, as the sovereign in my own life, get to decide what materials to build my life with. However, I cannot judge another's life. As each of u

The Seven Circles of Katalambano

Katalambano is a Greek word, which I found in my Bible and which you can examine more  here . Of course, Yahweh is all that there is, so some of the idea of overcoming needs to be rethought. What are we overcoming? We overcome the questioning (mentioned in the blog post "The Trinity of Faith") and answer yes and amen to Yahweh. Katalambano means two important things to me. Besides "overcome," it is also used to mean "lay hold of" or "attain." It is the word used in Philippians 3:12 when it talks about pressing on to "lay hold of" that for which Christ Yahshua "laid hold of" me. It is also used in John 1:5 where it talks about the light shining in the darkness and the darkness did not "overcome," or in some versions "comprehend" it. It is through katalambano that we grow our Promise, attain a new portion of it, complete our creation. Everything that exists is 3, 7, and 12, so you might call this the se

How the Grinch Didn't Steal Anything

You know how the Grinch tried to stop Christmas from coming, and yet it came anyway? Nothing he did could stop Christmas, whether it be taking the traditions, the decorations, the gifts. He took away the familiar and the sacred, but those silly little Whos were able to recognize Christmas when it came anyway, though it had a different form than maybe it had had in the past. What is Christmas, anyway? We all know the story of how Yahweh sent His Son to the Earth as the greatest gift of all for mankind. He sent Him completely, not reserving or holding anything back, and no matter how King Herod or circumstances tried to keep Him from coming, He came anyway, in a place and form that nobody expected a King to come, let alone the Messiah of Israel and Savior of the world. How many people try to stop the Love of Yahweh from overtaking them in their lives? For whatever reason--usually some form of fear or a misunderstanding that can manifest in anger or resentment--they flee from the Love